This country walk is approximately 1.3 miles each way over a variety of pathways and fields. There are three metal public footpath gates but no stiles on this route.
Click the image for directions and downloads.
1. Turn left out of Somers Wood Caravan Park to the main road and turn left along the tarmac path for 300yds.
2. Look for two wide metal gates with a sign ′Dog Hotel′ on the right. Cross Hampton Lane and go through the footpath gate to the right of the gates. Follow the path straight down until the gravel works.
3. The original path is diverted at this point. Take the path left between the hedge and small pool, (which may be mostly concealed by reeds). In 100yds you will see the treatment plant fence. Bear left along the side of the treatment plant (it is not an unpleasant treatment plant).
4. You will reach a tarmac lane at the end of the treatment plant fence. Cross over and through the footpath gate on the far side. Now walk diagonally right heading toward the footpath gate at the bottom of this field.
5. If you are only intending to walk into the village, go through the footpath gate and along a short gravel path until you reach a tarmac lane with Meriden Hall Fishing Lake in front of you. Turn left and walk 50yds to The Bulls Head on Meriden Main Road. The village pond is to your right.
For a longer walk, or to connect with the Coventry Way or Heart of England Way footpaths, instead of going through the footpath gate (5), turn right at that point, walk around the perimeter of Meriden Hall and follow our Alspath & Beyond Walking Guide.